Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In the Catskills...

I MET A CHILD CALLED DIESEL.

That is all I can say on this subject. He was running amok in a car park and his mother was howling at him.

In other news, I am taking part in the New York triathlon this weekend. I fear both sharks and jellyfish during the swim, perhaps one group could sting the other? I'm also a little apprehensive about swimming the Hudson river, hardly a beauty spot. I may perish. Had to share.

But back even with these considerable trials weighing me down, I am forever grateful that I was, nor ever will be, named Diesel. I am also pleased that I am not a Tatiana.

2 comments:

White Rabbit said...

Congratulations on doing the triathalon!

...Diesel? Seriously? Those parents were cruel to name their child after something you put in a car

Sarah said...

Triathlon... well, let's see if I cross the finish line first. But thank you!

Incidentally, the poor Diesel, what will happen when petrol/gas dries up and we're all using biofuel? He'll be an anachronism. It's almost as if his parents didn't want him...