Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday: a day of extremes

Today, in the post I received the following:

1) My fancy-pants, long-overdue triathlon shorts. Complete with genteel padding, sufficient to cushion and yet not wreck my silhouette.

2) My package from Papyrus featuring a bulk order of birthday and wedding cards. I hate the choice in Duane Reade (my friends deserve better) and yet seem to be buying one or the other every week, so a bulk order was timely.

3) THE most beautiful box of teeny, tiny cards from a beloved fashion girl in London. The gorgeousness of the box makes me feel giddy, the cards are perfectly exquisite. I will document and display.

I also saw and walked along with Alexa Chung and her boyfriend at the corner of Lafayette and Spring. She too, like my dreamy cards, is teeny tiny and has a beautiful face. She is less scary in real life than on TV, where she seems wonderfully cool but rather arch.

No comments: