Friday, June 5, 2009

Do you like my lamp? OR Dumpster-diving is the new black


Rule: always live in the nicest area you can possibly afford.

Why so wise sage?

Because the recycling opportunities are endless, much like the sea (well, a bit).

One day, earlier on in the NYR (New York Romance) I was running down the stairs, in an effort to avoid a painful stop-and-chat in the lift and look what I found on the 6th floor, in the recycling stairwell. Look!

The curves! The elegance!

O happy day! the merry little guy works too, all we had to was replace the bulb.




The moral of this particular story is that richer folks than you may throw out things you might like, thus it pays to stay vigilant.

Dumpster-diving is the new black.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Keep it classy!

jenifer said...

Your lamp is so nice!! I recently got a new lamp for my study table from Lighting Direct...